Borax is an inexpensive naturally-occurring mineral with many household uses. You can even dry flowers with borax for household floral arrangements.
Time Required: 1 week
- Cut flowers you wish to preserve, with or without stem.
- Sprinkle borax on the bottom of a small box such as a shoe box.
- Add up to two flowers.
- Completely cover with more borax.
- Tape the box shut.
- Let sit at room temperature for about one week.
- When dried completely, strain off the borax powder; may be reused for more flower drying.
- Borax can be found in most grocery stores next to the laundry detergents.
- This method might not work with cut flowers that have been placed in preservatives.
What You Need
- Small Box
- Cut Flowers