You and your kids can have fun this Halloween making this friendly, pumpkin-head scarecrow. Just use whatever old clothes you have on hand and your imagination.
Time Required: 1 Hour
- Select a medium-sized pumpkin for the head. Cut out and glue on eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Or draw a face with a black magic marker.
- Stuff an old plaid shirt with shredded paper or newspaper. Tuck the shirt into an old pair of pants.
- Stuff the pants with more shredded paper.
- Place the stuffed shirt and pants on a chair outdoors, in a sitting position. You can tie the body to the chair with a rope or string if desired.
- Put the pant legs into an old pair of shoes.
- Place the pumpkin head on the neck area of the shirt.
- Top the head with an old hat if desired.
- For more stability, place an old towel in the neck and shoulders area for the pumpkin head to rest on.
What You Need
- Black Marker or Construction Paper
- 1 Old Plaid Shirt
- 1 Old Pair Denim Pants
- 1 Pair Old Boots
- 1 Pair Gloves
- An Old Hat (optional)
- Shredded Paper Or Newspaper