- Baking soda is great for an upset stomach, 1/2 tsp. in three or four oz. tap water.(You drink this), rubbing it on your stomach won't work.
- I soak my toothbrush in baking soda to keep it clean and fresh.
I use baking soda in my bath. Keeps my skin nice and soft. (Even my elbows.)
- Baking Soda is a great teeth whitener. Sprinkle a little on your toothbrush before the paste goes on.
- I love to take baths in baking soda.
- Baking soda is also great to use as a toothpaste/mouthwash. Just wet your toothbrush, dip in baking soda and brush. Or dissolve a little in warm water and gargle. NOT FOR EVERYONE, but if you add just a little peroxide to you baking soda and brush with it, it will help whiten teeth.
- Mix 2 tbl spoons baking soda in 8 oz glass of water, and drink. Helps w/stomach ache and gas.
- I have been using baking soda to clean my daily wear contacts for over five years. I simply mix a pinch in with my daily cleaner to make a fine abrasive cleaner. This has prevented build up thus extending the life of my contacts tremendously. I asked my doctor about this method, he stated that it was not an "approved" method, but it has worked for me without any side effects.
- Baking soda, in a warm bath is helping the skin. I had exema under my foot, when I was young and my mother was making me take my bath with baking soda. I was taking foot baths too, with hot water and baking soda for 1/2 hour. I discover, too, that the hot water with baking soda is good when your eyelid is swollen. There too, the time is 1/2 hour.
- Best thing in the world for washing your face to take off dead skin and old make-up. Add to your shampoo once in a while to really remove old hair spray and setting gels.
- I have used baking soda (1 teaspoon in a glass of water) for over 50 years to combat chronic heartburn. For me,it works better than any of the drugstore antacids, and I have tried most of them.
- When I was a child, my mother used baking soda mixed with water to form a paste for bee and wasp stings. It neutralizes the "sting" and provides relief instantly.
Submit your Baking Soda Tip