1. Select your turkey for deep frying. The best weight is between 10 to 20 pounds.
2. Completely thaw turkey before frying. A 20 pound turkey takes about 4 full days to thaw in the refrigerator.
3. Remove the neck and giblets from the turkey cavity. Discard or use for giblet gravy or stuffing.
4. Place the turkey in the deep-fryer pot and fill with plain water until the water reaches about 1 inch below the top of the turkey. Remove the turkey and note where the water level reaches. This will be your oil level line. Dry the turkey and the pot.
- Read the instructions that come with your turkey fryer carefully before use.
- Locate fryer outside away from roof overhangs.
- Do not use on a deck, patio or in a garage.
- Do not fill the pot with oil while it is sitting on the cooking stand.
- Never leave the pot unattended.