The Bottom Line
This 6 quart ice cream maker makes a large amount of homemade ice cream in about half an hour; perfect for the family who enjoys homemade ice cream.
- Makes soft ice cream in about 30 minutes.
- Electric, no hand cranking is needed.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Can be very noisy while churning.
- 6 quart model is too big to fit in some freezers.
- Somewhat bulky for easy storage.
- Electric, freezes in about 30 minutes.
- Motor automatically shuts off when finished.
- Comes in 4 and 6 quart sizes.
Guide Review - Rival Ice Cream Maker
The Rival Ice Cream maker comes in both 4 or 6 quart models. It's very easy to use and includes a recipe book. You add either rock salt or table salt. The freezing takes about 30 minutes, and the motor is quite loud while it's churning. The motor automatically shuts down when the freezing process is complete. The 6 quart storage cannister is a bit large to easily fit in the freezer, but it makes plenty of ice cream for a large family.