Microwave ovens are a great convenience in the kitchen, and here's an easy way to clean them.
Difficulty Level: easy Time Required: 15 minutes
- Wipe out excess crumbs from the microwave's interior.
- Fill a microwave-safe bowl with 1-2 cups water.
- Heat the water to boiling, about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully remove bowl; remove tray from microwave, set aside.
- With a damp cloth, wipe the interior of the microwave.
- Wash tray in the sink with dish soap. Dry and return to microwave.
- For the exterior, spray with kitchen cleaner, wipe off with paper towels.
- The steam from the water should loosen all the food particles.
- For a fresh smell, add some lemon juice to the water before heating.
- Household Tips - Stay-at-Home Parents
- Microwave Ovens - Southern U.S. Cuisine
- Back to 'How to' Index