Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 to 8 pounds chicken wings
- oil for deep frying
- 2 sticks butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon each sugar and honey, or to taste
- Cayenne Pepper (sauce or flakes) Enough to make it as hot as you think you want it (I use 2 tablespoons).
For the sauce: melt all remaining ingredients together and whisk together well. Make up the sauce and have it hot and ready to go before your wings are done. When the wings are done put them in a very large bowl, pour over the sauce, turn and coat all the chicken well. Put out on a platter and munch down! If desired, serve with homemade Bleu Cheese Dressing.
I have a secret thing I add to the sauce at the end of heating, a splash of lime juice. - From David