Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tart apples, cored, peeled, and thinly sliced (6 cups)
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust (can use a frozen pie crust)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
Combine the remaining flour and sugar in a small bowl. Using a fork or pastry cutter, add the butter or margarine until the mixture is very crumbly. Sprinkle this over the apples.
Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. If the pie crust is browning too quickly, cover the edge with foil. Let cool, or this pie can be served warm, if desired.