Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds ground skinless turkey breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large (1.5 pounds) eggplant, cubed
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes (no salt)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup seasoned dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese **I use 1/2 cup - yummy
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 13"x9" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Spray a large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Add the turkey, onion and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until the turkey is browned and the onion is softened, 5-6 minutes.
Add the eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, bread crumbs and basil; bring to a boil, stirring as needed.
Transfer the turkey mixture to pan and bake, covered until the veggies are tender, 45-50 minutes; uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until the cheese is slightly browned, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. - Denine