Making homemade ice cream is fun for the whole family. Here's a recipe for homemade rocky road ice cream using your electric ice cream maker.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
- 4 cups heavy (whipping) cream
- 2 cups light cream or half and half
- 1 cup unsweetened powdered cocoa
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
Over low heat, cook condensed milk and cocoa until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool somewhat. Stir in cream and vanilla. Refrigerate in ice cream can for half an hour or more. Freeze and churn according to instructions, adding nuts and marshmallows after about 20 minutes (halfway through the freezing process). Makes enough for a 4 quart ice cream maker.