Tri-colored pasta makes this a colorful salad, perfect for potlucks or family cookouts.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 package (16 ounce) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. vinegar
- 1 T. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. salt, optional
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
Cook pasta according to package directions: drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large serving bowl. Add the onion , tomato, cucumber, green pepper and parsley: set aside. In a saucepan, combine the dressing ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
16 servings - Becca, forum member