Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 package cake mix, any flavor (except angel food)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (4-serving size) Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip -- thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- Small candies or colored sprinkles
Pour milk into medium bowl. Add pudding mix and sugar. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes. Stir in whipped topping and food coloring.
Leave square cake whole; cut round cake in half. Assemble pieces by turning square cake to diamond shape and using small amount of pudding mixture holding each half of round cake to the top sides of diamond sides, making a heart shape.
Frost cake with remaining pudding mixture. Decorate with candies or sprinkles.